Geophysics and special measurements methods
Activities in the area of geophysics and special measurement methods are concentrated on following branches of seismological research:
- investigation of effect of mining induced seismic events on the ground and surface structure vibrations in Ostrava-Karvina Coal Basin;
- investigation of shallow geological structure of the Moravian-Silesian region inferred from seismological observations;
- study of natural and induced seismicity in the Moravian-Silesian region;
- co-operation on service of the seismic station Ostrava-Krasne Pole (OKC), operating in the frame of Czech National Seismic Network and NEIC, whose data are used for all above mentioned topics;
- investigation of seismic effects generated by technical seismicity, e.g. by quarry blasts, traffic and industrial activities.
Research and development of measurement methodology and instrumentation for geophysics and geomechanics both for laboratory and in-situ measurements represents related activity:
- seismograph based on the embedded PC equipped with remote control and data transmission via GSM network for monitoring of local seismic events;
- instrumentation for stress measurement in rock mass (rock bolt sensor, conical strain gauge, data loggers);
- sensors and data acquisition systemsfor laboratory measurement (strain gauge deformation sensors for high temperature and high preassure conditions).