Mathematical modelling and computational methods in applied sciences and engineering
Hotel Clarion, Olomouc, Czech Republic September 16–20, 2019
This conference is part of a series of conferences held so far in Rožnov in 2014 & 2009, Pilsen in 2005 & 2001, and Prague in 1998 & 1994.
Aims: The conference primarily concerns mathematical modelling of processes described by partial differential equations (including certain non PDE applications). It covers various aspects of mathematical modelling including solutions to direct and inverse problems, development of numerical methods, analysis of mathematical models, quantification of uncertainties in input data, exploitation of high performance computing on parallel computers, and modelling of challenging industrial problems.
Various aspects of mathematical modelling will be covered by specialized sections, minisymposia, selected plenary lectures, and a satellite workshop on industrial applications. In this way, the conference will provide many possibilities to learn about current progress in several interconnected fields, as well as opportunities for interdisciplinary cooperation.
The satellite event is the workshop Industrial applications of mathematical modelling, supported by the AV 21 Strategy of the Czech Academy of Sciences and EU-MATHS-IN.cz iniciative. The workshop will be held on September 17–18, 2019.
- IGN: Institute of Geonics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Ostrava, Czech Republic
- MI: Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
- TUO: Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- IMACS: International Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation
- EU-MATHS-IN.cz: Czech Network for Mathematics in Industry, Czech Republic
- NCMM: Nečas Centre for Mathematical Modeling, Prague, Czech Republic
- SURAO: Radioactive Waste Repository Authority, Czech Republic
- Strategy AV21 of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- MEYS: Ministry of Education,
Youth and Sports, Czech Republic
(through the project LQ1602 IT4Innovations excellence in science)