Documenta Geonica 1 / 1998
The theory of plasticity is used for the solution of many engineering problems. It serves for calculation of permanent deformation of structures, for prediction of plastic collapse structures, for investigation of stability in the soil mechanics, for calculation of forces in metal forming operations, ets. Another aspect of plasticity consists in its coupling with damage which is important for modelling concrete, rocks, etc. This range of applications shows the importance of the theory of plasticity which includes finding the accurate models which fit the behaviour of various materials under various types of loading, development of testing procedures for the determination of the material parameters for the plasticity models as well as development and analysis of the mathematical formulation and numerical methods for the solution of the plasticity problems.
- Elasto – plasticity
- Incremental finite element method
- Inexact Newton –type solvers
- Programming the incremental FE methods
- Convergence analysis of Newton – type solvers in the case of regularized
- Convergence analysis of Newton–type solvers for return mapping incremental